Part Time CSR (Centric Service Rep)
To assist members and potential members with their Credit Union needs; explains services, sets up new accounts, begins the loan process, resolves member problems and forwards loan package to appropriate staff member.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- 50% - Assists members with opening and closing accounts, initiate loan applications; including providing MSR II or Manager the complete share loan package, answer questions about products and services and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve. Identifies cross-selling opportunities and cross-sells services to members. Refers problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor, along with their recommendations.
- 30% - Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sells money orders and travelers checks to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed. Post to member accounts and maintain member records. Balances daily transactions.
- 5% - Acts as liaison between members and various organizations and departments.
- 5% - Assures that appropriate records are maintained and required reports are prepared.
- 5% - Maintains member account information on computer system.
- 5% - Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the delivery of Centric Dialogue Service by providing prompt, accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and personal SERVICE to all members and greet each member by name. (To be within 2 feet of a member within 10 seconds of their arrival, to answer telephone within 3 rings and to respond to all correspondence and return all calls within the business day).
- To post new member transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- To open all types of accounts/certificates, loans and other products and services accurately, ensures all related forms are complete and legible with minimal errors.
- To proactively seek opportunities to cross sell products and services for the betterment of our members.
- To troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
- To sell a minimum of new products per quarter as set by management.
- To develop and improve knowledge and skills in Member Service Areas.
- To ensure that all operations for assigned products are in compliance with governing regulations.
- To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
- To maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience - Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education - A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills - A high level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work involves motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills - Working knowledge of regulations relating to all Credit Union deposit products (Reg E, Reg CC, Reg D, Truth-in-Savings Act). Able to operate a 10-key calculator, typewriter, and computer keyboard. Must have good interpersonal communication skills.