Spring Clean Your Finances
- Start with your budget
- Go over your spending for the last several months
- Adjust your budget if you come to a problem spending area
- Clean up your accounts
- Consolidate or organize your accounts
- Get rid of unused accounts or any that may be charging you a fee
- Opt for less paper
- Choose the paperless billing option to cut back on mounds of paper
- Check your withholdings
- If you are receiving a large return every year, you are allowing someone else to have access, interest free to your money!
- Adjust your withholdings accordingly so you can keep more of the money you earn throughout the year which allows you more opportunity to earn dividends!
- Create a home inventory
- Having an inventory will make it easier to replace items in the event of a disaster.
- Check up on insurance coverage
- Review your policies
- Upgrade or ensure you have proper coverage
- Shop around for the best rates (CTA)
- Check your cell phones rates, cable, auto insurance
- Not only check for the cheapest, most covered services but also look at your checking and savings accounts.
- Make sure you are earning the most possible on your money.
- For a checking account that pays you, visit MyCentric.org.
Become a Member >
News and Events >
Print | Share | Questions