An important message from our President and CEO regarding COVID-19
ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENT UPDATE – 3/15/21
Centric Federal Credit Union has begun receiving Economic Impact Payments from the US Government for those who have an account number on file with the IRS or Social Security. No action is required by eligible individuals to receive this third payment. These payments are automatic and will post automatically. If a deposit is pending, the funds will be available on the date authorized by the IRS.
Centric is not able to look up your payment status – only you have access to that information. To check the status of your payment, please visit https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment.
During this time, we may experience higher call volumes than usual. However, we’ll be happy to serve you as soon as possible! Centric encourages our members to take advantage of MyCentric Online Banking and our MyCentric Mobile App to access your transactions and view any pending payments.
To make the most of your stimulus payment, Centric offers free financial wellness checks to our members wanting a one-on-one experience with one of our on-staff Certified Credit Union Financial Counselors. To get started, click here.
UPDATE – 12/31/20
As we ring in the New Year and with stimulus checks on the horizon, we are experiencing extremely high call volumes. For questions related to stimulus payments, please visit irs.gov to learn more. Please know that Centric does not have information to tell members when their stimulus will be received, if they will be received, or for how much.
In regards to pending stimulus deposits from the IRS currently showing in the members account, the pending amount is scheduled to post early next week by the IRS per Centric’s understanding.
For your convenience, the MyCentric mobile app is available 24/7. For details on balances, deposits, make a loan payment and more, please login to the MyCentric mobile app.
At Centric Federal Credit Union, service to our members remains our top priority. We are actively working to understand the threats posed by the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and are following the guidance and recommendations of health authorities to protect our members and employees.
As your trusted financial partner, we understand that we have an important role in your financial life. That being the case, we want you to know what we are doing to make sure that we continue to meet all of your financial needs while at the same time, safeguarding the health and safety of our employees and our members that visit our centers.
Here are the steps we are taking during the Coronavirus situation so that we can continue to serve you:
- The Board of Directors has activated our Pandemic Preparedness and Response Plan and has directed Credit Union management to focus efforts on identifying essential services and making sure that our contingency plans are current and tested and that operations will continue uninterrupted.
- We are taking precautionary steps and preventative safety measures to help protect the health of our employees and our members who visit our centers. Staff is exercising caution in their interaction with members and other employees and we are regularly disinfecting workspaces and common areas.
- We are closely monitoring the situation throughout North Louisiana and the U.S.
- We are monitoring Centers Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), Louisiana Department of Health updates and outbreaks and educating employees.
- We will continue to do our best to provide the highest level of service to you throughout this situation. It’s what our members expect.
Now, as the Coronavirus continues to grow, we are asking for your cooperation in our efforts to safeguard the health of all of us. Here is what you can do to help:
- If you are sick, please do not come to the Credit Union. We have other ways for you to obtain financial services. Please (click here) for more information.
- When you do visit one of our centers, practice good personal hygiene and cover coughs and sneezes, use hand sanitizer/soap as much as possible and practice social distancing.
- If you need cash, consider getting cash at one of our surcharge-free ATM’s as an alternative to visiting our centers if you are concerned about being around others.
- Consider reducing your need for cash by using one of our debit cards. We can make a card for you in one of our centers instantly.
- If you are not already signed up for our electronic services, MyCentric, mobile app, remote deposit capture, electronic bill payment, mobile alerts, and Apple, Samsung, and Google Pay, now is a great time to do so (click here). Our staff is available to help you with these services in one of our centers, at email@example.com or our 24/7 call center at (318) 340-9656.
Together, we will get through this and it is not a time to be fearful. You can be confident that Centric has your back and will continue with the mission of “Helping our members Live Better.” We will do everything we can to make sure that we are here for you and continue to be your trusted financial partner.
Centric Federal Credit Union
PLEASE NOTE: Face masks are mandated by the state government. If you choose not to wear a mask, we will assume health reasons prohibit use of a mask. Masks will be available for members who do not have one and would like to elect to wear one.
Tips to Cut Spending and Save During COVID-19
Keep Your Eyes Open for Scams
As the COVID-19/coronavirus outbreak becomes more prevalent, so do the scammers. From fake government texts to price gouging and everything in between, now is the time to be aware and protect yourself and your family. Click here for tips to avoid scammers during these uncertain times.
Economic Impact Payments: What to Expect and How to Spend Yours Wisely
While families across the country are anxiously awaiting the arrival of their stimulus checks, we’ve put together some information on what you can expect. In addition, we’ve provided some helpful tips on ways to spend your check that will benefit your financial future. Click here to read more.
Better Business Bureau – https://www.bbb.org
Federal Trade Commisson – https://www.consumer.ftc.gov
Louisiana Attorney General – https://www.ag.state.la.us
US Dept of Justice – https://www.justice.gov
Internal Revenue Service – https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
H&R Block Stimulus Check Calculator – https://www.hrblock.com/coronavirus-tax-impact/calculator/
Filing for Unemployment in Louisiana – https://www.louisianaworks.net/hire/vosnet/Default.aspx
Watch Now for Weekly Financial Updates Related to COVID-19
Become a Member >
Print | Share | Questions