Easily avoid embarrassing situations — choose the coverage that works for you.
An overdraft occurs when you spend or withdraw more money than is available in your Centric checking account and we pay it anyway. With an eligible account, Centric can cover the overdraft in different ways:
- Overdraft Protection – eligible for all checking accounts
- Overdraft Privilege Standard Coverage — comes with all eligible accounts
- Overdraft Privilege Extended Coverage — an option you can consent to add to your account
What's Overdraft Protection?
Overdraft Protection is a service that applies to all transactions and may help prevent overdrafts by automatically transferring funds to your Centric checking account from another Centric deposit account for $5 per transaction. Also, Overdraft Protection may be covered with a cash advance on your Centric credit card. Such transactions are subject to fees + interest.
What's Overdraft Privilege?
Overdraft Privilege is a discretionary service provided to eligible accounts. It is designed to help guard members against having items returned or declined due to an accidental overdraft. We will charge you a fee each time we pay an overdraft. View fee schedule.
What Transactions Are Covered By Standard Overdraft Privilege?
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
- Recurring debit card payments
- Transactions occurring with a teller at one of our locations
Will Extended Overdraft Privilege Pay My ATM and Everyday Debit Transactions?
Yes! Centric will not add this protection to your account unless you consent. You must let us know that you want to add Extended Coverage to your eligible checking account. You may consent by phone at (318) 340-9656 or Consent Online.
Extended Coverage Will Authorize and Pay:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
There is no limit per day on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
Sign Up For Extended Coverage
Money Management Tools
Checking Account Balancer
Let us help you balance your checkbook. First tell us the ending balance on your statement, then enter all of your outstanding checks, debits and deposits.
Name Your Savings Goal
Do big things even with the little extra left over after the bills have been paid!
Tips to Avoid Overdrafts
- Track your balance carefully
- Download the MyCentric Mobile App
- Sign-up for low-balance email alerts or text message alerts by logging into your account
- Know when regular electronic transfers such as rent, mortgage payments or utility bills will be paid and how much they will be.
- Know when the money you deposit will be available for your use.
Email addresses are not a secure means of communication. Do not send personal information (account number, date of birth, social security number, inquiries about your account, or request changes to your account). Contact Us to learn how to send that information securely.
Become a Member >
Print | Share | Questions