Back-to-School on a Budget
Back-to-school shopping can be costly, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are a few tips to consider before you plan your next shopping trip!
Visit your child’s school website now for a complete list of required school supplies.
• Add a few school supplies to your shopping list each week to avoid one large hit to your budget.
• Seek out dollar stores, and even salvage stores, for same quality, but cheaper priced school supplies like notebooks, pencils, poster boards, pens and more!
• Shop End-of-Summer sales! Check out your favorite shops in the local circular or website for additional savings like coupons and more! Every penny saved is a penny earned.
• Speaking of coupons, check out apps like Coupons.com, Ibotta and Target’s Cartwheel App for special coupons and deals on school supplies, and even back-to-school clothes.
• Shop consignment stores like Once Upon a Child, Plato’s Closet and Hot Tots for great deals on name brand and high-end clothing for a fraction of the cost. Thrift stores like Rolling Hills Ministries in Ruston are also a great option for cool finds with an even cooler price!
• Lastly, don’t forget about your local stores! The Chalkboard and Gifts in West Monroe is a great resource for those hard-to-find items on your child’s supply list. End-of-Summer sales aren’t just for big retail chains. Many local shops and boutiques offer great discounts, as well.
We’d love to know your own personal tips for back to school shopping, too! Visit our Facebook page and share your favorite back-to-school shopping tip. Each tip will get you entered to win a $25 Visa gift card to help out with your kids’ supplies this year! (Limit one per person. Click here for complete contest rules. One winner will be drawn on 7.29.19.)
Become a Member >
News and Events >
Print | Share | Questions