The Centric BC Foundation
2019 Scholarship Information
Graduating High School Seniors and Current/Technical School Student
To be considered for the scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a member in good standing of the credit union
- Be graduating from high school in the spring of 2019, or currently enrolled in undergraduate studies at an accredited college, university, or technical school or with plans to attend an accredited college, university or technical school full-time in the fall of 2018.
- Have maintained a 3.0 GPA based on 6 high school semesters or 1 most recent completed college semester
- Have scored a 21 or higher on the ACT exam Complete an application and personal essay Immediate family members of current employees and Board of Directors of the credit union ARE NOT eligible for the scholarship.
All applicants must submit an application package which includes:
- A completed application
- A current high school transcript or college transcript
- A copy of his/her official ACT or SAT results
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a teacher from your junior or senior year (only applies to high school seniors), or your current college professor or advisor
- A personal essay Application Deadline: Completed application packages must be received by COB TBA to:
Centric Federal Credit Union
Attention: Joleen Martin
P O Box 2456
West Monroe, LA 71294-2456
Incomplete or late application packages will not be considered.
The credit union will review the applications they receive and forward all qualified applications to the Scholarship Committee of The Centric B-C Foundation.
The recipient will receive the scholarship funds in May for fall semester. The recipient can use the scholarship for any school related expenses. The check will be made payable directly to the recipient when proof of registration for that semester has been provided to the Scholarship Committee.
Each applicant will be notified by mail whether or not they have been chosen as the scholarship recipient. The scholarship recipient will receive notification TBA.