The Centric BC Foundation
2018 BC Scholarship Recipients
Meet the recipients:
Jayla is a graduate of Neville High School where she was an honor student her freshman through senior year. She was a member of the Renaissance club, Spanish Honor Society, Bengal Belle Dance team, Book club, Interact club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Student Council. Jayla currently attends
Landon is a graduate of West Ouachita High School where he maintained the Honor Roll all four years of high school. He was a member of the Eagle Scout, Platinum Club, Tennis team and Drama
Larry is a graduate of West Monroe High School where he maintained the Honor Roll from his freshman to senior year. He was awarded Freshman of Excellence and the Principal’s Award his freshman and sophomore year. Larry was a member of the National Honor Society and the LHSAA Academic Team. Larry is attending the University of Louisiana at Monroe, majoring in Exercise Science.
Margaret Leigh Avant
Margaret is a graduate of West Monroe High School where she maintained a 3.5 GPA throughout her high school career. She is currently attending Louisiana College, majoring in Mathematics Education.
Morgan Yvonne Owens
Morgan is a graduate of West Ouachita High School where she was on the Honor
Sarah Marie Littleton
Sarah is a graduate of West Monroe High School where she was recognized as a Senior of Distinction and maintained Honor Roll all four years of high school. Sara is currently attending Belhaven University, majoring in Sports Medicine and Dance.
Taylor Nicole Jacobson
Taylor is a graduate of Caldwell Parish High School where she was a four-year honor student and awarded all four years for
Tyler Dean Owens
Tyler is a graduate of West Ouachita High School and was in several honors classes. An interesting fact about Tyler is that he enjoys auto racing. Tyler is attending Louisiana Tech University, majoring in Mechanical Engineering.
Ethan Robert Snowden
Ethan is a graduate of West Monroe High School and has maintained a 4.0 GPA throughout his high school term. He was honored with the Freshman Excellence Award and Academic
2019 Scholarship Information
Graduating High School Seniors and Current/Technical School Student
To be considered for the scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a member in good standing of the credit union
- Be graduating from high school in the spring of 2019, or currently enrolled in undergraduate studies at an accredited college, university, or technical school or with plans to attend an accredited college, university or technical school full-time in the fall of 2018.
- Have maintained a 3.0 GPA based on 6 high school semesters or 1 most recent completed college semester
- Have scored a 21 or higher on the ACT exam Complete an application and personal essay Immediate family members of current employees and Board of Directors of the credit union ARE NOT eligible for the scholarship.
All applicants must submit an application package which includes:
- A completed application
- A current high school transcript or college transcript
- A copy of his/her official ACT or SAT results
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a teacher from your junior or senior year (only applies to high school seniors), or your current college professor or advisor
- A personal essay Application Deadline: Completed application packages must be received by COB TBA to:
Centric Federal Credit Union
Attention: Joleen Martin
P O Box 2456
West Monroe, LA 71294-2456
Incomplete or late application packages will not be considered.
The credit union will review the applications they receive and forward all qualified applications to the Scholarship Committee of The Centric B-C Foundation.
The recipient will receive the scholarship funds in May for
Each applicant will be notified by mail whether or not they have been chosen as the scholarship recipient. The scholarship recipient will receive notification TBA.