Benefits to Choosing Centric
by Carmen Gonzalez
When choosing the financial institution that you are going to do the majority of your business with, you want to make sure that it is a place that is going to benefit you. You can choose a place that sees you as another customer to get in and out, or you can choose a place that wants to do what they can to help you Live Better. With Centric, you can rest assured that every decision we make is with your best interest in mind. Because we are member-owned, we feel a duty to our members to educate them, to give back, and to help them Live Better.
One of the ways we help our members Live Better is ensuring that they have the access and control of their money that they need. Here are some of the convenience and access services we offer to our members:
• Turn your loose change into cash by using the coin counters at our centers on Thomas Road and in front of ULM for free. The coin counter tallies the amount of your coin and prints you a receipt that you can either use to withdraw cash or deposit into your account.
• Whether you’ve opened a new account or need to replace your card, we can instant-issue you a debit or credit card at any of our branches the day you need it.
• You can travel the country and still access your Centric account by visiting one of over 5,000 credit union branches that participate in the Shared Branching You can easily find a branch near you by using the MyCentric mobile app.
• Keep track of your transactions, make loan payments, control your cards, and so much more from the palm of your hand by using the MyCentric mobile app.
• By visiting MyCentric.org or using the MyCentric mobile app, you can pay people back with a few taps of your fingers. If you’re sending money to people you trust, you can send money in the moment through access to Zelle® from our website or mobile app.
• If you need to talk to Centric representative face-to-face but can’t make it to one of our centers, take advantage of MyCentric Connect Video Banking. From your cell phone or computer, you can open accounts, meet with a Centric Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor, and almost anything else that you can do in-person.
Another way that we honor the fact that Centric is member-owned is by giving back to them through lower loan rates and higher dividends. To help with this, we created reward accounts so our members can earn cash back and dividends. With no minimum balance requirements, almost anybody can open a reward checking account and savings account to get the most for their transactions. There are two reward checking account options, Spend Better and Earn Better, that you can pair with our reward savings account, Save Better, if you meet these three requirements: have at least one ACH credit transaction like a direct deposit in your checking account, swipe your debit card at least 12 times, and enroll in e-statements. (Don’t worry, if you don’t qualify one month, you aren’t penalized; and you can try again next month.) If you qualify for either of the checking accounts, you will also earn the 1.01% APY* on your balances up to $50,000. Choosing the Save Better Savings is a no-brainer, so you have to choose is which checking account is better for you.
• The Spend Better Checking account is a great option if you tend to keep a lower balance in your checking account and swipe your credit card frequently. With this account, you earn 2.00% APY* cash back up to $300 in debit card purchase which equals $6 a month.
• The Earn Better Checking account is a great option if you tend to keep a higher daily balance in your checking account. With this account, you can earn 2.25% APY* on balances up to $20,000 and 0.15% APY on the balance above.
Lastly, Centric is committed to helping our members and our community Live Better by offering access to FREE financial education. If you are needing personal advice on how to start a budget, build your credit, or reach your financial goals, you can meet with a Centric Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor. During this meeting, you can get the personalized education you need. You can also find out at this time if you need to connect with a Summit Financial Wealth Advisors who Centric has partnered with to provide our members with experts on investments, retirement, and so much more.
Maybe you’ve already met with one of Centric’s financial counselor, and you want to share the information you now know with your colleagues. Centric offer FREE financial education and wellness to employers through our Live Better program. We can personalize the program to fit the needs of each business we partner with through financial education workshops, on-site financial wellness checkups, and so much more. We partner with businesses as unique as our members, and we strive to help their teams Live Better the way they need it most.
Education is huge at Centric. Through partnerships with local schools, we offer our Live Better program to faculty and staff, as well as our BizKid$ program for students. BizKid$ is a nationally recognized program that Centric has adapted to be relevant to the students in our community. Through interactive lessons and a video series, middle and high school students learn about money, credit, and so much more. From Centric members to businesses to local students, Centric strives to help our whole community reach their financial goals and dreams by providing FREE financial education to empower.
Centric makes all decisions with our motto in mind, “How can we help you Live Better?” We continue to strive to offer our members the technology and access they need to stay in control of their money. We partner with companies like Zelle® and Summit Financial Wealth Advisors to meet our members’ needs. We don’t just see you as a customer to serve, but as a member that we want to help succeed and reach their financial goals and dreams. When you choose Centric, you won’t just bank better, you’ll Live Better, too.
Learn more by listening to our Podcast here:]
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 07/01/2020. Rates may change after account is opened.
Become a Member >
News and Events >
Print | Share | Questions